I feel like I havn’t gotten rid of any fragments in so long. I have missed you all and I’m looking forward to catching up this weekend!!
What am I talking about? Friday Fragments:
Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, “Heard” items, and other small gems (hint: a notebook is helpful and put them together in a Friday Fragments post. Then leave a link to your Friday Fragments post with Linky Tools and link back to Mrs. 4444’s my main page in your post (please). So, to recap:
DO’s for Friday Fragments: *Collect your tidbits throughout the week; put them in a Friday Fragments post. *Grab the button and put it in your post and/or sidebar (it links to this post) *Refer to my blog in your post and link to my current FF post. (Typing “Friday Fragments” in a 6-point font thrown in with twenty other blogs is not a sincere effort to promote FF and therefore doesn’t count.) *Add the url link to your post with the Linky Tool on my page (the post for that week)
Please DONTs for Friday Fragments: *Add links that do not point to Friday Fragment posts (LINKS THAT LEAD TO NON-FF POSTS WILL BE DELETED) *Link up without visiting any of the other fragmenters; Friday Fragments is a community of bloggers. It is not a one-sided tool for promoting your blog.
I hope you’ll join me!! http://www.halfpastkissintime.com
Lets get fragging..
- I finished another A-toZ-Challenge, my 3rd. There were nearly 2000 participants this year. I was able to visit 200+ blogs! There were so many the list it is going to stay up all year. I’m looking forward to visiting everyone.
- My friend Tina and I just returned from another visit to our friend Joelle in North Carolina. Joelle had a radical surgery to save her life in January. She is having a difficult recovery. I have no doubt she will get there. As of Wednesday she had a clear scan, NO CANCER!! Please, please continue to keep her, her husband in Afghanistan and her children in your prayers, it is working.
- That abortion doctor trial I was telling you about a few weeks ago is finally over. After nine days of deliberations, the doctor was found guilty of 1st degree murder of 3 and 100’s of other chargers. After 9 fingernail biting days he was sentenced to 3 consecutive life terms with no opportunity for appeals or parole. He gave up his appeals to take the death penalty off the table. I just love seeing the justice system work the right way.
- Our family beach week is about 5 weeks away. We will be headed to the Jersey shore with kids, spouses and grandkids!! About 75 of my husbands closest family will be there too. I’m getting excited!!
- One of my T.V. vises is The Young and the Restless. I’ve been watching it for 40 years. Jeanne Cooper who plays Katherine Chancellor passed away last week. They will have a memorial episode next week. So very sad. Do you have a T.V. vise?
- So what are your big plans for the summer? I need to organize mine pretty quickJ
Have a blessed weekend everyone,
You wrote the book and did all the right things to make it the best it can possibly be …now what?
No matter which publishing path you chose, self, independent or traditional, most likely you will be the one responsible for the marketing of your work.
What exactly is Marketing?
Today’s A-Z post is for the ladies. Guys please share this contest with any women you know who may have a victory story to share..
The Victorious Woman Essay contest is open to women in the United States who are at least 18. There is NO cost to enter the contest.
March 25 – May 3Victorious Woman Contest
Terrorism has been around since the beginning of time. It fits with my theme of Pop-Culture because unfortunately just the word, terrorism or terrorist sets off politicians, both left and right, activists, revolutionaries, presidents, kings etc.
What a crazy week we all have had! My heart hurts for Texas and for Boston.
I fell behind with the A-Z Challenge because of some unexpected writing responsibilities. Revision is just another step in the journey to publication. Unexpected revisions, once we have gotten over the shock surprise can be exciting.
This month I am participating in the A-Z Challenge.
My ‘R’ post is Revision
Q is for Quirky
1.) A peculiarity of behavior: an idiosyncrasy-not in a bad way.
2.) An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event.
3.) A sudden sharp turn or twist.
4.) Odd, unusual, eccentric, curious, fanciful or offbeat
I love that the definition says ‘not in a bad’ way because the word quirky has been used to describe me more than once.
O is for OMG
OMG- is a common abbreviation used in SMS [short message service] It stands for Oh My God, Oh My Goodness or Oh My Gosh.
I thought the abbreviation came about in the 21st century but no the first time OMG was used was in a letter to Winston Churchill in 1917 [ time.com]