So you want to write a book and have no idea how the business of publishing works? Have you written a book and need to make a decision about publishing? Have you tried everything and haven’t received a publishing offer? The business of books has changed drastically over the last few years and it continues to evolve. In this workshop you will learn:
- The four publishing choices available and how they each operate
- Learn the pros and cons of each of the choices
- How to figure out which publishing path is best for you and your book
- How to write a professional and winning proposal, query and a log line
- How to find your agent
- What is a tribe, what is a platform and do you need them
- Join us for a productive workshop and a little fun.
Doreen McGettigan is the author of two books with a third releasing summer 2017. She teaches publishing at Delaware County Community College, is a Press Club board member and facilitates their Professional Development Workshop Series. Doreen also volunteers with SCORE, presenting seminars on marketing. She speaks at conferences around the country and will be presenting the memoir workshop at the Philadelphia Writers Conference in June and a workshop on Marketing at the SCBWI Conference also in June.