For the month of April I will be participating in the A-Z Challenge. You can find out more about it here:
Welcome to Letter B! B is the best letter because it’s the beginning of some very great words like BOOK! And that’s what I, as your Challenge Librarian will be bringing you. Books, books, and more books! I’ve got a book for everyone! Breakdown by Jonathan Kellerman Both are murder mystery books to get your heart racing.
My theme this year is:
KEEP MOVING FORWARD
Today’s letter is B
To believe means to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something without absolute proof that one is right in doing so. Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully. It sounds so simple but if you do not believe that your dream can actually come to fruition, it won’t. If you do not believe you will ever find ‘the one,’ you won’t. If you do not believe you will beat the odds and get well, you won’t. It sounds simple but what does it take to really believe?
What is it that makes someone believe 100% in a God or believe 100% that a God does not exist?
What makes someone believe in themselves? I am sure it has everything to do with how we were raised and what our individual stories are. We should always keep that in mind before forming an opinion about another or their beliefs.
What I do know is, it is impossible to move on or to move forward successfully if you do not believe in yourself.
As writers we have to believe that although we receive many, many rejections that we will overcome them and eventually be accepted if we work hard and continue to improve our craft.
Erasing self-doubt isn’t easy but it is essential if you are going to move forward. What can you do to hasten the erasing?
- Surround yourself with positive people. Seek them out. You don’t have to make a big deal of throwing negative people out of your life just gravitate towards people who are more supportive of you and your dreams and away from those who are not. Some people will never be for you no matter what, accept that and move on.
- Don’t read, watch or listen to things that are going to upset you. If you abhor the Donald, don’t read, watch or listen to every single thing he says or does. If you abhor Hilary do the same. Scroll past, change the dial or read something else. If you believe what you believe nothing is going to change your mind. Why subject yourself to more than what you need to educate yourself and make a decision. Anything more than that is a waste of your time and keeps you from moving forward.
- Have you defined your beliefs, your values? Do you know where you want to be in a year? It is a lot easier to believe in yourself and to move forward if you know what your purpose is, if you know where you want to go and how you want to get there.
- Practice! Teach yourself to be positive, you will be so much happier.
- Learn to accept compliments and to stop apologizing. Smile all the time!
Keep Moving Forward,
This year I am proud to be part of AJ’s Team. She is an A-Z co-host and as a member of her team we help with whatever she may need!